Leanne W. Smith
the blessings of being a writer
In the past two weeks I've been reminded of the rich blessings of being a writer. To borrow from Elizabeth Barrett Browning, let me count (a few) of the ways:
1. Readers send delightful pictures like the one pictured above. (My book is a traveler!)
2. Fellow writers have you as a guest blogger: (http://www.leannehardy.net/blog/no-not-this-leanne). Thank you, LeAnne Hardy!
3. I have learned that so many more people than I realized live in log cabins. In 2021. I find this remarkable, and hope to feature a few in future blog posts.
4. Readers have posted over 40 reviews on Amazon already, 90% of them 5 stars. To quote from one of my favorite book characters, Lilly of Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes, "'Wow,' said Lilly. That was just about all she could say. 'Wow.'"
5. I have heard from treasured friends far and near. John K. who retired. Lindsey whose grandparents were lifesaving to me and Stan. Reta who made us iced tea. John A. who sends uplifting notes. Nancy whose son, Nate, traveled with me to Europe a decade ago. Hunt, who traveled with me to China. Peggy, who I have known and loved since birth. God has crossed my path with amazing people. My memory of that dulled over the pandemic, but God has helped clear the fog.
Thank you to everyone who has read Alone in a Cabin. Thank you to everyone who has posted a review or given a shout-out on social media. Thank you to each one of you who has sent an encouraging note. They mean so much.
Still working on the audiobook.
Still working on scheduling those events.
More details coming on each of these soon.